Tuesday 26 April 2011

Small mercies

It's sometimes hard, but always worth the effort trying to be grateful for small mercies.  Today has been one of those days.
I woke super early, after not actually getting into bed until about 1.30am, only to think I was either late for work or had missed my doctors appointment (which isn't until Thursday).  So, not being able to get to sleep when my brain finally clicked that it was in fact Tuesday and only 7am, I decided to kill some time.  I made a coffee, played with The Boo (our cat), put on a load of washing AND made a Key Lime Pie.  And all before 11am!  I was impressed!
Then, our washing machine stopped pumping out water at the end of a full load and so I had to hand wring our uniforms to hang them on the line.  Yes, I was a little cross, BUT it was such a beautiful day this morning and I hadn't been outside the house yet to see it!  
Then, the rain clouds came over, BUT it meant that I got to stay indoors, snuggled on the couch with my beloved husband and The Boo, watching old DVDs.  I even put my PJ's back on at 3.30pm!
And now, I'm sitting at my computer feeling delighted that I already have three 'likers' for my facebook page.  Awesome!
So, on days that can sometime feel like a never-ending stream of bad news, broken appliances and rainy weather, small mercies can turn the whole thing around.  It's all about perspective, I guess...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment