Thursday 5 May 2011

The waiting game

So here's where we stand... 
My Home Ovulation Predictor Kit (OPK) showed an LH Surge on Friday 29th April.  I even did two to be sure.  Retests on Saturday 30th and Sunday 1st were both negative.  Therefore at the moment we can assume I ovulated some time between Saturday and Sunday OR not at all.

Hubby and I put in the hard yards when we were told to, which was every day from Friday through to Monday, and then second daily after that.  
That brings us to today.  So we're either five days post ovulation or just plain old day 19 of my cycle.  My day 21 progesterone bloods are being taken Friday night (day 20) because pathologists aren't open Saturday morning.  Even still, this should be an accurate indicator of ovulation hormones.  That's just the first stage!

If my bloods come back positive for ovulation, we then have another seven days of waiting until day 28 and the 'official end' of my cycle when we can start testing for hCG levels.  If they come back negative we're back to square one.

Since this has been the first cycle on meds where I've developed anything that looks close to an egg we're waiting with bated breath!  When Hubby is home, I act all cool, calm and collected, like I'm a professional at waiting it out.  I'm NOT! Actually, to be quite honest, the waiting is killing me!!  I've become this calendar checking, home pee testing maniac!  I'm looking for positive (and negative) signs and symptoms as each day goes by, but NOTHING has changed.  I don't know if that's a good thing, a bad thing or not a thing at all.  I've had a slight twang of pain under my right ribs from about day 11 onwards, but apparently that's just my ovary kick-starting.  I'm not sleeping out of sheer anticipation and I can't seem to focus on one thing for more than 10 minutes (it's taken me three trips to the kitchen and 45 minutes to write this entry).

I'm usually whinging that time flies by too quickly, but right now it's going snail pace!!  I need a distraction, QUICK!

No comments:

Post a Comment