Thursday 30 January 2014

Weekly brain dump

I woke up this morning with so much stuff running around my head.  Life in general has been pretty hectic since January started, so much going on and so much to organise as well.  And with the sad events of this last week I feel like I need to get some of the crap out of my head.  So I say this in fair warning to you all, this is going to be a random brain dump.  Feel free to join in with me.  Kinda like having a good ol' bitch session, minus the cattiness.  Let's call it a debrief.  And if it helps to make us feel a bit less bogged down in the brain we can make it a recurring thing!


I woke up this morning with perfectly messy second-day straightened bedhead.  You all know what I mean.  It's when your hair is doing on its own what you've attempted to make it do all week.  Anyway, I thought AWESOME! I won't have to put in too much effort today (I'm taking Gracie out to afternoon tea in the city with a girlfriend. How swanky!).  But no, I was wrong, because the minute I turn on any type of water source (kettle, tap, shower) my hair develops the frizz factor and my perfectly messy hair goes straight to crazy person who left the house without using a hairbrush hair.  Even a super sexy shower cap can't prevent that mess.  Oh well, looks like I'll be able to master my 'how to act cool while appearing totally cray-cray' today.  I'll just blame the baby?!

___________________________________________________________

So the reason I had totally flawless hair yesterday (pfft!) is because it was D's funeral.  Sunny Hubby and I sat a few rows behind my girlfriend K who was surrounded by family.  It was the most beautifully devastating funeral I had ever attended.  D's life was full of love and that really showed in the outpouring of grief and love at her death.  Hubby and I were asked to read a small prayer for the family and carers of D.  I wasn't able to say a word, instead Hubby read it for me, holding my hand the entire time.  Gosh I love him!


 ___________________________________________________________

So I'm struggling to find a daycare centre that can take Gracie when I want to go back to work.  It's my own fault really.  I'd been told I should have had her enrolled before she was even born and I thought that was a hilarious joke...at the time!  Now I'm going through the tedious task of revisiting all the centres who previously said they couldn't fit her in and begging them to have her.  The ideal centre would be the one on the hospital campus where I work, but I have been told that she is more than 100 down the waiting list of nursery-aged kids who needs a placement at that same time we do.  How can that be?  Did all the nurses suddenly start having babies at the same time?  My mind boggles.

I guess our other option, and one that is becoming more and more likely as the weeks pass by, is that we'll place her in family/home daycare.  I just don't know how I feel about that. I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who runs family daycare or sends their kids to one, I just don't know much about them.  Are they as well governed as larger centres?  How many children do they usually take at once?  I honestly have no clue.  Anyway, over the next couple of days when I've got Hubby at home we're going to go on a daycare tour of our local area, show up on their doorstops looking all nicely dressed and well-spoken and hope to hell they can help us out.  What are my chances?  Wait, don't answer that!
 ___________________________________________________________

 So it's my birthday on Monday.  I'll be (sounds like...) shmenty-shmeight.  Not a big deal really.  Actually, I nearly forget it was even coming up.  Thank goodness Hubby keeps track of these things.  Must be programmed into his phone calendar somewhere with all the other 'my wife will kick me if I forget' dates.  So in lieu of my birthday nonchalance I have made no plans yet and the only thing I can think of that I want is plants.  Is that boring?  I've even got a mental list of the plants I want.   A Gardenia, Star Jasmine, purple Anemone Monarch and a miniature herb garden.  


Plus I might grab some bulbs for planting later in the year.  Dahlias, Blue Aconitum, Peonies and Renunculas.  Ooooh now I AM getting excited!!


   ___________________________________________________________

Our poor, old, well worn-in red leather couch is finally kicking the bucket.  We inherited our couch from Hubby's sister when we first moved in together.  Its got big, deep cushions and it's long enough to lie down flat and have a good snooze in.  I hated it at first due to the colour, but it has grown on me over the years and I had come to love it.  Now that the leather is wearing and tearing, and it makes an unholy creak and crunch noise when you sit down on it I am starting to despise it again.  Sadly we're not rich enough to be able to replace it at the moment so Hubby has done some DIY repairs to the broken base and we're just going to live in couch-death denial until we can afford something shiny and new.  Eeeeewww!

Well, I think that's all I feel I should dump on you for now.  My head certainly feels lighter on my shoulders already.  And heck, look at the time, I've gotta go get ready for our fancy afternoon tea.

What's on your mind this week?  Let me know, maybe we can help lighten your load! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment