Sunday 23 February 2014

Weekly brain dump

We've got a new couch. Woohoo! A very big thankyou to our friends A and C for gifting us with our super comfy new lounge room edition. Gracie has already christened it by taking a nap on its plush cushions. She very much approves. And The Boo has found herself a new hiding spot underneath the skirting.
______________________________________________________________

Gracie has finally broken my brain with her sleep-deprivation torture. I have been stumbling around all weekend like a zombie in an attempt to get things done on very little rest. 

We had been working so hard on our evening routine. Dinner time, bath, booby and then bed. For a whole week it was going gangbusters! And then we had to go out on Friday evening, and instead of our nice little routine we were traipsing around the city until 10pm.  I recently read an article on Fat Mum Slim where she stated that friends don't let friends take babies out to dinner. I want to add to that, HUSBANDS don't let wives take babies out after 6pm! It's just too dangerous of an adventure. 

There was nowhere comfy or secluded to feed, she fell asleep for a moment in the pram only to be woken by the band playing (in which Hubby plays too I might add, and the reason we were out), and then it rained on us. All in all it was not a night out fit for a Gracie. And we (mostly me) have been paying for it ever since. Our evening routine had been demolished and she is back to dinner, bath, booby, nap, PLAYTIME. Not good!

______________________________________________________________

I still have PMS but good old Aunt Flo hasn't arrived, making this week two of hormonal madness. Ah ovaries, you are back to being completely messed up. It's good to know some things never change. 

______________________________________________________________

I've got to spend some time with Hubby's sister these last couple of weeks. We have a weekly lady-lunch date where we either stay home and watch junk TV, or we venture out into the city to go antique shopping, plant buying and coffee drinking. I really look forward to those days. And best part is, now she lives so close again we can do it all the time. Gracie loves a bit of a distraction from Mummy time too. 

______________________________________________________________

My name is Sunny and I am addicted to Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. We don't get this show on Australian TV and I was introduced to Alana and June and their redneck goodness through Toddlers and Tiaras. Then I found out they've got their own show and that there are already two whole seasons available for download and I got hooked!! Oh my word, it's like a train wreck, you know you shouldn't be so interested in it, but you can't look away. And the fact that June is only 34 years old boggles my brain. What the heck?!?! I can not wait til they make more of it!! 


Have you got a TV show addiction? Is it one you're a little embarrassed about? Oooh tell me so I can join you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment