Sunday 6 May 2012

30 Days of Grateful Blogging - Day 11

*Written in retrospect

I've been doing a lot of late shifts lately.  Because I get home so late from work, I tend to sleep in longer, get up later, and then organise my day from there.  Today I got out of bed at about 10am, put on some washing, pottered around the house and then made myself some brunch.  I sat down on the couch, my scrambled eggs in front of me, PJs still on, and began eating.  Then my phone rings...

"I hope you don't mind, I invited some friends round for lunch" says my Husband on the other end of the line.  "Ummmm...WHAT?!" I say back, my mouth full of toast.  "It's alright, I've already explained how messy our house is and that you're probably in your PJs" he responds.  I hang up and in a mad panic tidy the immediate area of all identifying slobness.

When the doorbell rings I am still in my PJs, Hubby isn't home yet, and I am standing embarrassed greeting our friends.  They walk in happily, comment on my cute pajamas and give me a giant hug.  When Hubby gets home we sit around the table eating lunch and discussing upcoming plans for both our house moves.  Later, I excuse myself to shower and dress and leave for work.

Today I am grateful for low maintenance, pajama friendly, non-judgmental friends.  Those friends who don't care what your house looks like, if you're wearing your favourite PJs or trackies when they visit, and who feel comfortable enough to do the same if you dropped in on them. 

  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment