Thursday 3 May 2012

30 Days of Grateful Blogging - Day 8

*Written in retrospect*

Today I am 14 days post ovulation.  I have been feeling crappy all week with cramps and swelling and back pain, but we have made it this far.  The day started off well with all of these symptoms actually going away.  I got up, got ready for work, put in my liner (just in case) and headed to work. Work was rubbish; super busy, no lunch break.  But I made it to knock off time relatively unscathed.  I spent the day running in and out of the bathroom "just to check" I hadn't started bleeding.  I did one last mad dash to the loo as I was leaving work, so I wouldn't pee myself on the drive home, and there is was: spotting.  Damn it!!

I felt instantly deflated!  14 days in and still this happens...  I tried not to let it get to me straight away.  I tried to convince myself it was just implant spotting or merely my imagination.  As I was driving home though, the real cramping started.  I told Hubby what was going on and he recommended I go have a warm shower and take a nap, so I did.  When I woke up a couple of hours later, the spotting was heavier and darker.  I messaged our Mum... "Say a big prayer for us" I begged.  And so, with all of Hubby's family present, they did.  I posted on my FB page the same, and the responses were instant.

Today, I am grateful to have such a wonderful, willing, support network.  This amazing group of people who stand by us, pray for us, care for us.  This may or may not be our turn, but we know we have people who will drop everything and call to the heaven's for our cause.  I am grateful for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment